Busy busy busy

Aren't we all "busy busy busy"?  Yes, we are!  And wasn't it exactly THAT feeling that I was able to put into perspective after my return in July?  Yes it was!

But how fast do we relapse in old habits?  Very fast!

During the first months after my return, I truly was aware of the "bad habit" of "rush from here to there".  And as I was conscious I took "time" to do things.

But when everything started getting normal again after our holiday, like going to work on a daily basis, boys back to school, hobbies asking time, ...  I noticed  my life turned again into a sum of hurries, rushes, stress, hurries again, coming too late so more hurries...
I think we all recognize this feeling.  And if you don't: pleaze pleaze pleaze, tell me how you succeed in keeping life calm.

At this moment, I am again "busy".

  • Busy at work doing pre-work for during my absence at the unit.  I do not want my colleagues suffer too much because I will be out of office.
  • Busy at home: 
    • packing my luggage...  Oooooh my god.  This is a battle, every time. "Do I pack this?Yes.  Nooooo!!!! I do not need that in Uganda..."  The eternal question every time again....  You can also call it a time occupation 😉
    • preparing my family.  Not that they need to be prepared, but it is only when I know/realise/believe everything is arranged for them during my absence, that I can leave "in peace".  I know they think I am exaggerating, but hey, I am NOT!!!!
  • Busy in making final arrangements for the Leadership Summit.  Last meeting took place, To-Do's still on the list, thinking upfront on different scenario's...  Life is keeping me busy :-)  It is amazing to see how much time and effort the entire team is putting into organizing this Summit.  All on top of the daily work we have.  I have gained so much respect for my Janssen-colleagues, Pepal organising team, Baylor, ...  Looking forward seeing you all next week!
  • Busy in going through all the "worst-case" scenario's that can happen on the plane.  Help!!!! My fear of flying has become worse.   My nights are short due to bad sleep...  Hopefully this will help me to sleep on the plane.  I always try to look at the bright sight :-)
I am confident that at the moment I put my feet on Ugandan ground, that instant feeling of "relax - this is the mode" will pop up.  I am confident 😊

This will probably be my last blog before departure next Wednesday.  You can image I am "busy" these days (hi hi).   Just want to finish everything in a smooth way at home and at work.    Thank you again for taking the time to read...

Warm regards
Heidi



Comments

Popular Posts