Off we go


Off we go
Wednesday, 18 April 2018

Here I am, at 35000 feet, “enjoying” my view from the plane….  Some background music of Jasper Steverlinck…  “Here’s to love”…  In fact, too emotional song at the moment,  but oh so beautiful. 

When I look back at the last days before departure, I can only mention they were hectic, especially at work.  I wanted to leave as organized as possible.  And therefore, I would like to thank my colleagues for their understanding.  It seemed like they did not want to disturb me anymore on Tuesday.  They all gave me the chance to finish business so I could leave for home on time. 
On time, to have last-minute things to prepare for my departure.  On time, to spend some more quality time with my family.  On time, to prepare myself.

Thank you Barbara for coming over with your scales yesterday late evening ๐Ÿ˜Š No suitcase overweight on departure for me.  We do not know what the return will be, but Adriaan, I promise I will do my utmost to have a smooth check-in next week Saturday in Entebbe ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

As you can imagine, I did not have much sleep last night…  I was afraid not to hear my alarm clock.  Result: eyes wide open at 4.00 am.  When I received a text message early morning (6.00) from Barbara asking where my driver was, I realized she was waiting outside to give me this last hug.  Both she and Natalie were there to say goodbye…  So grateful for the beautiful people in my life.    Good my boys were still in bed.  It would have only made it more difficult.  Our goodbyes yesterday were good guys.

It was good to meet with my colleagues who are joining me on this adventure: Adriaan, Aleidis, Eveline, Martine and Wendy.  Some of them I know, some of them time to get to know each other better! 

I was surprised how many people showed their enthusiasm again.  So many messages (sms, messenger, mail, whats app) I received during the last days.  I really expected it to be less than last year, but you all give me the feeling I really deserve this trip.  Thank you so much!  This means a lot to me and give me a warm feeling.  I promise I will do my utmost to enjoy EVERY minute, to absorb as much as possible, to make the best of the Leadership summit – together with my colleagues but also to relax.  I realise my next visit to Uganda may not be for within the next years, so I will live these days as if it is my last visit to this beautiful country.

Another 7 hours to spend in the plane….  Time to see a movie and listen to music. 
XXX



Comments

  1. Moet dringend Engels gaan leren , misschien nog niet zo een slecht idee , enjoy ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts